Job Title: Carbon Senior Engineer
Location: Hong Kong, Shenzhen or Shanghai
We are looking for experienced Senior engineers to join our team in Hong Kong, Shenzhen or Shanghai. This is a unique opportunity for you to gain hands-on experience in a dynamic carbon solutions market to help drive meaningful carbon reductions in the real estate, retail and manufacturing sectors.
For over 14 years, RESET Carbon has been working with companies and institutions across Asia to resolve the environmental crisis by making meaningful reductions in their carbon, water and waste footprint.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, with offices in Shanghai, Shenzhen, Taipei, Ho Chi Minh City, Chennai, and Munich, we deliver end-to-end carbon management and corporate renewable energy services for customers in the real estate, manufacturing, and retail sectors. Our services include strategy development, target setting, roadmap and carbon inventory development, renewable energy procurement, decarbonization programs and more.
What Drives Us
We understand that time is running out. We focus on projects that will directly reduce environmental impacts and we also look ahead and engage market actors to solve problems that are blocking action at scale.
We are not your typical strategy or environmental consulting firm; we build long-term collaborative partnerships with our clients to create, implement, and execute long-term sustainability programs that really drive change.
Senior Carbon Engineer, Hong Kong, Shenzhen or Shanghai
- Conduct energy assessments and audits; assess energy and water usage; provide recommendations on energy and water efficiency.
- Support carbon management project by providing technical support on energy-saving measures.
- Communicate with clients to understand their needs and meet their expectations, coordinate work between projects and teams, ensure the quality of deliverables, complete the project in a timely manner.
- Short-term business travel may be required.
- A degree in HVAC, Energy, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering.
- Certified Energy Manager® (CEM®) preferred.
- ISO50001, ISO14064, and ISO14001 certified auditor preferred.
- 7 years working experience preferred with 3 years in industrial or commercial building auditing or managing.
- Strong technical expertise and knowledge in parts of manufacturing practices and equipment including HVAC, air compressors, boilers, wastewater treatment t, draft fans, and water pump, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
* Preferred selection criteria:
Ability to communicate well with native English speakers. Good English report writing spelling and grammar is a plus.
Electromechanical or thermal power background is preferred.
* Work Location: Hong Kong, Shenzhen , Shanghai or Taipei. Short-term business trips to Taiwan, Vietnam and other places opportunities for a maximum of 2 weeks
* Working hours: regular work week, off on weekends and public holidays of the employment location with 15 days paid annual leave.
Other benefits to be discussed in person
The Team you will be joining
Our exceptional team of carbon experts boast diverse backgrounds in engineering, science, business management, economics, and policy. We work together to deliver creative perspectives and actionable solutions to tackle global environmental challenges in Asia.
Our success depends upon our team, and we care about our well-being. Our office culture lies at the heart of our business approach and is focused on supporting a healthy, curious, agile, and open team spirit.
Who is suitable for this role?
This position is ideal for an individual with a strong technical and project management skillset who is keen to get exposure to the rapidly evolving carbon solutions space across the retail and manufacturing sectors (particularly apparel and textile, outdoors, footwear and toys).
As a Carbon Senior Engineer, you will play a crucial role in helping our clients reduce their carbon footprint and achieve their sustainability goals. If you have the required experience and skills, and are passionate about creating a more sustainable future, we encourage you to apply for this position.
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com to apply for this role.
Application deadline: 31st October 2023