Job Title: Carbon Solutions Consultant, Shanghai
Location: Shanghai – Office Based
We are seeking an experienced Carbon Solutions Consultant to join our Shanghai team. This is a unique opportunity to gain hands on experience in a dynamic carbon solutions marketplace, helping drive meaningful carbon reductions across the real estate, retail and manufacturing sectors.
For over 12 years, RESET Carbon has been working with companies and institutions across Asia to resolve the environmental crisis by making meaningful reductions in their carbon, water and waste footprint.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, with offices in Shanghai, Shenzhen, Taipei, Ho Chi Minh City, Chennai, and Munich, we deliver end-to-end carbon management and corporate renewable energy services for customers in the real estate, manufacturing, and retail sectors. Our services include strategy development, target setting, roadmap and carbon inventory development, renewable energy procurement, decarbonization programs and more.
What Drives Us
We understand that time is running out. We focus on projects that will directly reduce environmental impacts and we also look ahead and engage market actors to solve problems that are blocking action at scale.
We are not your typical strategy or environmental consulting firm; we build long-term collaborative partnerships with our clients to create, implement, and execute long-term sustainability programs that really drive change.
Consultant, Carbon Solutions, Shanghai
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to RESET Carbon’s major customers and ensure the continuous development of their carbon management programs, including Science-Based and Net Zero targets and complex scope 3 challenges.
- Lead and manage projects with multinational companies, building and maintaining long-term relationships with customers seeking to drive long-term reductions in their carbon footprint.
- Support the development of RESET Carbon’s local teams in Hong Kong and other strategic Asian locations
- Evolve RESET Carbon’s technical approach and integrate new carbon standards and accounting methodologies as the market continues to mature.
Skills & Capabilities:
- At least 2 years of experience in carbon solutions, including strategy development, carbon accounting and inventory, emission reduction target setting, and carbon target implementation.
- A strong interest in working in the rapidly evolving retail and manufacturing markets.
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to liaise with multiple internal teams in different geographies.
- Experience in managing retail customer expectations and excellent customer-facing skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Proficiency in MS Excel.
- CET-6 or above.
- Experience in the apparel industry or supply chain management is desirable.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced work environment, be creative, and have strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with colleagues and customers.
The Team you will be joining
Our exceptional team of carbon experts boast diverse backgrounds in engineering, science, business management, economics, and policy. We work together to deliver creative perspectives and actionable solutions to tackle global environmental challenges in Asia.
Our success depends upon our team, and we care about our well-being. Our office culture lies at the heart of our business approach and is focused on supporting a healthy, curious, agile, and open team spirit.
Who is suitable for this role?
This position is ideal for an individual with a strong technical and project management skillset who is keen to get exposure to the rapidly evolving carbon solutions space across the retail and manufacturing sectors (particularly apparel and textile, outdoors, footwear and toys).
As a Carbon Solutions Consultant, you will play a crucial role in helping our clients reduce their carbon footprint and achieve their sustainability goals. If you have the required experience and skills, and are passionate about creating a more sustainable future, we encourage you to apply for this position.
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this role.
Application deadline: 15 May 2023