Job Title: Assistant Consultant/Consultant, Corporate Sustainability (Real Estate)
Location: Hong Kong, Office Based
We are seeking an Assistant Consultant or a Consultant to work within our Real Estate team in Hong Kong. This is a unique opportunity to gain hands on experience in a dynamic carbon solutions marketplace, helping drive meaningful carbon reductions across the real estate, retail, and manufacturing sectors. The successful candidate will be joining a team of consultants to deliver projects and develop solutions for a diverse range of clients across Asia, the United States and Europe.
For over 14 years, RESET Carbon has been working with companies and institutions across Asia to resolve the environmental crisis by making meaningful reductions in their carbon, water and waste footprint.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, with offices in Shanghai, Shenzhen, Taipei, Ho Chi Minh City, Chennai, and Munich, we deliver end-to-end carbon management and corporate renewable energy services for customers in the real estate, manufacturing, and retail sectors. Our services include strategy development, target setting, roadmap and carbon inventory development, renewable energy procurement, decarbonization programs and more.
What Drives Us
We understand that time is running out. We focus on projects that will directly reduce environmental impacts and we also look ahead and engage market actors to solve problems that are blocking action at scale.
We are not your typical strategy or environmental consulting firm; we build long-term collaborative partnerships with our clients to create, implement, and execute long-term sustainability programs that really drive change.
Assistant Consultant/Consultant, Hong Kong
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide professional advice to clients, with a focus on real estate sector, on carbon target setting and reduction strategies, including the identification of business cases / opportunities aligned with decarbonisation goals.
- Lead the development of carbon inventories, including Scope 1&2, Scope 3 and upfront embodied carbon assessments for construction projects.
- Conduct research on sustainability trends, environmental policies, industry benchmarks and develop valuable insights and recommendations.
- Perform quantitative analysis of carbon data, including development of numerical models.
- Support RESET in knowledge management, development of tools and methodologies to enable improved project execution and effective business development.
- Provide technical support to RESET’s major long term customer base and the continued evolution of their carbon management programmes including Science-Based and Net Zero targets.
Skills & Capabilities:
- Degree in Environmental Studies, Engineering, Sustainability or related fields.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience for Consultant, Analyst, or related role. Candidates with less experience will be considered as Assistant Consultant.
- Proficient in numerical and data analysis to generate and present valuable insights for clients, using MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Committed to deliver quality work with attention to details. Objective-driven and good team player.
- Project management experience and excellent time management skills.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to present information with confidence to various internal and external stakeholders. Proficiency in spoken and written English and Chinese (Cantonese / Putonghua).
- Passionate about solving environmental & sustainability problems with strong analytical capability and knowledge in corporate sustainability and trends at local and global levels.
- Experience in programming (e.g. VBA, Python, R, Java, C#).
- Certifications on energy audits or carbon inventory / audits.
- Experience in development and submission of Science-based Targets.
- Experience / qualification in green building certifications (e.g. BEAM Plus, LEED, Energy Star, BREEAM, Green Mark, etc.) and computational modelling simulation.
- Experience in building energy efficiency standards and frameworks.
- Experience in carbon accounting and technical knowledge, GHG Protocol, Science-Based Targets (SBTs) and Net Zero targets, GRI Standards, Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP), Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB), Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), and/or ISO 14064.
The Team you will be joining
Our exceptional team of carbon experts boast diverse backgrounds in engineering, science, business management, economics, and policy. We work together to deliver creative perspectives and actionable solutions to tackle global environmental challenges in Asia.
Our success depends upon our team, and we care about our well-being. Our office culture lies at the heart of our business approach and is focused on supporting a healthy, curious, agile, and open team spirit.
Who is suitable for this role?
This position is ideal for an individual that is passionate about sustainability and holds a technical and project management skillset. It is a great opportunity for someone who is keen to get exposure to the rapidly evolving carbon solutions space, particularly within apparel and textile, outdoors, footwear and toys.
As an Assistant Consultant/Consultant, you will play a crucial role in helping our clients reduce their carbon footprint and achieve their sustainability goals. If you have the required experience and skills, and are passionate about creating a more sustainable future, we encourage you to apply for this position.